Mindless Link Propagation
This page lists the last 100 things Pre found interesting on the web.
|( ! ) Warning: fopen(rsscache/httpfeeds.delicious.comv2rsspriestesscount100): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www-dalliance/vPre/rssreader.php on line 191|
|( ! ) Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www-dalliance/vPre/rssreader.php on line 192|
|( ! ) Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www-dalliance/vPre/rssreader.php on line 193|
- 11/04/2013 - Cool! Use google-maps to make a hyperlapse drive-by. This one shows the practice studio we use.
- 06/04/2013 - Space Janitors returns for Season Two. Yay! The hero-janitor reminds me of my friend Jason.
- 28/02/2013 - Watched this TED video about flies brains and muscles and flight over lunch. Fascinating stuff.
- 15/02/2013 - Russia attacked from space! Scary pictures of a meteorite exploding in the sky above Russia.
- 10/02/2013 - Somegreybloke on The Truth, and taking the red pill. Graham does make me smile.
- 26/01/2013 - Some great quotes on rationality and science in this compendium at lesswrong
- 24/01/2013 - Good analysis of the EU vote situation from my friend theophile. Leaving would give us less power not more
- 19/01/2013 - I made a web-comic staring my tentacle monsters discussing the uses of #snow
- 18/01/2013 - What kind of witchcraft is this? Waterproof your existing phone? Burn them!
- 09/01/2013 - Medical trials are supposed to tell us which medicine works but it can only do that with full disclosure. #alltrials
- 08/01/2013 - So this exists then: Weebl doing a live show with a crowd going nuts for Badgers and Magical Treveor.
- 06/01/2013 - Robot band Plays The Ace Of Spades. Awesome work. Humans will be better for some time yet though.
- 05/01/2013 - Citizens basic income lets us reevaluate employment for a modern age
- 05/01/2013 - I think I have a new theme song. Tim Minchin's "Cheese". If you can Camembert it.
- 04/01/2013 - Excellent long article on atmospheric lead effecting crime-rates, explaining last century's crime-boom.
- 28/12/2012 - What Facebook give to the cops if the cops ask nicely enough. Includes your 'deleted' data.
- 24/12/2012 - de Duve's answer's best, but the universe DOES have purpose. Mine. I personally have things i want to do with it.
- 20/12/2012 - These pages about an avalanche are awesome. I haven't read a word, but they're so beautiful. Great.
- 18/12/2012 - Delete your Instagram account by Jan 16 or you have agreed for them to sell your photos with no cashback for you.
- 14/12/2012 - Lee Hardcastle has made am awesome claymation video which is three minutes awesome alien invasion.
- 14/12/2012 - Whatever the secret reason that governments continue prohibition is, it seems they haven't get Nick Clegg in on it.
- 13/12/2012 - All governments are liars and murderers.
- 13/12/2012 - Apparently in Brighton the Xmas lights are more sweary than usual. What you reckon, faked?
- 04/12/2012 - Chomsky lays the Gaza strip situation our with his usual clarity, detail and accuracy. long and sad making.
- 01/12/2012 - Great essay on the nature of thinking and creativity and how you get machines to do that. contains no answers.
- 30/11/2012 - Weebl's on form with this one. Long may YouTube keep paying him to do stuff, yay.
- 29/11/2012 - Gene therapy: Add a telomerase gene to adult mice to extend healthy life by 24%. Will we defeat death? Hope so.
- 28/11/2012 - Long and detailed essay about the drug war, or the drug truce, they reckon. Hope so. Hope so.
- 21/11/2012 - Nice Long article on Stallman's views on software patents. He's against, as you'd imagine. And right, of course
- 18/11/2012 - Charlie Stross does futurism, for 2500. Sounds reasonable but these things are never *right * exactly.
- 16/11/2012 - media lens on the BBC, not their paedo scandals but their non-reporting on Israel's attacks on Gaza.
- 02/11/2012 - Stallman wants to pass laws so developing/using software can't be patent infringement. Yes please.
- 12/10/2012 - I knew that Conways Game Of Life could run itself, but didn't know someone had actually *built* it. Awesome.
- 09/10/2012 - 'Stimulants for struggling kids in schools starved of money, not for ADHD but to boost their performance'
- 05/10/2012 - I'm so glad Red Dwarf is back. It was even funny too! Everyone looks old though! I'm old. Damn i'm old.
- 04/10/2012 - Yay! Eleizer Yudkowsky is blogging again for a little while. This should be fun :)
- 30/09/2012 - New ten minute short from the Blender Foundation. My blender movie is longer than this but less realistic.
- 28/09/2012 - Been Goldacre ranting to TED about the problems in publication bias in modern medicine. Important stuff.
- 26/09/2012 - This story has everything: Space-gods, Nazi's, Tibetan Buddhists. Statues from outer space.
- 25/09/2012 - Goldacre's new book will confuse homeopaths. He was an enemy but now he's an ally attacking trad medicine?
- 21/09/2012 - This is awesome. Monkey-brain implants to enhance ability! I read the NS article on this study.
- 21/09/2012 - The coolest looking book I've seen for months. Perhaps not as engaging as Greg Egan though.
- 21/09/2012 - I did actually laugh out loud at one of these glossy social-media-based magazine covers. Guess which.
- 12/09/2012 - The alcohol chapter from David Nutt's new book. Examine alcohol add though it were a drug. After all, it is.
- 10/09/2012 - Ah, software patents, aren't they just great? See here how they encourage innovation.
- 06/09/2012 - Does working from home mean more work done poor less? Guess before you read thud report on a study.
- 05/09/2012 - Rap the news, staring George tOrwell, on the surveillance state and protecting our web. Good stuff.
- 03/09/2012 - Scientific American says interesting things about calories, cooking, digestion and individual differences.
- 03/09/2012 - The truth about squatting is not what you would think you read the press. Try reading this nice blog instead.
- 03/09/2012 - Nice rant on everything wrong with Hollywood scifi movies. Thanks Cory Doctorow.
- 01/09/2012 - Usually you'd go to the east to find yourself but if you're from the east I guess you go to Iceland. Lol
- 29/08/2012 - Poor old dead Neil Armstrong. here he is a couple of years ago telling a blogger why he stayed so near.
- 27/08/2012 - This is what the Dutch pirate party want to achieve. This is what I want too.we can demand it.
- 20/07/2012 - Cool! Throw random images at facial recognition tech. Then mutate the best-fit to get random faces!
- 17/07/2012 - UKCIA make good points on synthetic drug manufacture and it's implications to prohibition.
- 06/07/2012 - Pirate Bay Spokesman's letter to parliament asking for a pardon describes outrageous corruption.
- 06/07/2012 - Youtube video in which a guy talks to his 12 year old self through the use of video technology!
- 07/06/2012 - Nice song from @robmanuel who's life growing up was very like mine. Like our. Me and you Internet, you sexy thing.
- 12/04/2012 - Mathematician's lament - 25 page rant about the beauty of maths, and it's ruination by schooling. [pdf]
- 10/04/2012 - The new Con/Lib NHS: 'an anachronistic insurance scheme, divorced from the actual delivery of any care'
- 05/04/2012 - Google's Augmented Reality Glasses are creepy and annoying even as a fantasy.
- 04/04/2012 - Felicia Day groks web films. The Washington Post interview her about her new youtube channel.
- 04/04/2012 - Some neat analysis of the "13% increase in death" headline associated with red meat.
- 03/04/2012 - Timelapse video of footage from Hitchcock's 'Rear Window' is three minutes of really well done stuff.
- 19/03/2012 - A Ted talk on 'Copyright Maths' which humorously explores the meaning of reported piracy losses. :)
- 19/03/2012 - While the UN is discussing prohibition without questioning it, Google and i^2 are having a real debate.
- 19/03/2012 - Nice but too-long 'Agile Software' Development' rant saying much what I suspect about the 'methodology'
- 19/03/2012 - Eternal Copyright - A modest Proposal. "But what about the great-great-great-grandchildren?". Nice one.
- 12/02/2012 - Haha! Supply Side Jesus, a short comic strip about two different Jesuses and their political stances.
- 10/02/2012 - How doctors choose to die: mostly not taking invasive medical care. Are some treatments worse than death?
- 08/02/2012 - Good grief, Madonna's half time show at the superbowl was awesome then huh? Haven't watched one before.
- 08/02/2012 - Congratulations to India on a Polio-Free year! Achieved vaccination and local ownership of education.
- 03/02/2012 - Ben Goldacre's prediction on how the current NHS bill will proceed: GPs set up to fail, then privatized.
- 01/02/2012 - 'the publishing industry has lost all credibility as the keeper of culture it imagines itself to be.'
- 01/02/2012 - Even left wing politicians don't seem to want to talk about raising taxes. 'Why?' asks The Guardian.
- 31/01/2012 - Ah, the Olympics WILL have a lasting legacy in London. A legacy of pointless bureaucratic fascist rules. Nice one.
- 23/01/2012 - The Guardian talk to the Pirate Party founder about the fastest growing political movement in Europe. Yay!
- 20/01/2012 - The difference between a reader's taste and a publishers taste and why publishers get it so oft wrong.
- 16/01/2012 - A lovely little tool for making CSS3 style sheets with fancy pants rules.
- 15/01/2012 - Ten years before the end of the world in 1998, the band CUD sang about slack on the BBC.
- 15/01/2012 - The NY Times has an author on the problems with teamwork and how working alone fosters creativity.
- 12/01/2012 - The UK Pirate Party leader on the BPI sales figures this year showing the media just follow their spin.
- 05/01/2012 - Cla Shirky writes on the future of newspapers with so-called 'leaky' pay-walls as they become popular.
- 05/01/2012 - A short story by the awesome Greg Egan called 'Crystal Nights', which I enjoyed a lot!
- 03/01/2012 - Eorwid article on false positives from police dog alerts. The dogs do what they think the cops want.
- 29/12/2011 - Cory Doctorow's talk on the coming war against general computing is great.
- 09/12/2011 - An account of the arrest of Occupy LA protesters getting the boot while Wall Street fraudsters get rewarded.
- 07/12/2011 - Salon tells the story of The Papua New Guinean tribesman on facebook. Really interesting.
- 02/12/2011 - The music for the anti-piracy advert on millions of DVDs is itself pirated!
- 30/11/2011 - Polly Toynbee's Guardian article on Osborne's declaration of war on the poor is excellent.
- 17/11/2011 - Uk Uncut protestors pose as vodafone to go thank the tax-man for letting 'em off so much tax.
- 16/11/2011 - Groklaw on Microsoft's nasty patent behaviour against Android. Software patents suck.
- 11/11/2011 - Yay! It's a new Cyriak video, and it's got cats! Mutant monster kitty cats!
- 07/11/2011 - What happens when 20 minutes worth of fireworks accidentally goes up in 50 seconds instead? Cool happens.
- 28/10/2011 - The Creative Commons Website for all your campaigning needs!
- 28/10/2011 - The Creative Commons UK site should be ready soon. Exciting!
- 28/10/2011 -
- 28/10/2011 - CEO wages go up as fast as ever. Do they deserve it, or is it just a con? Via @theoesc
- 24/10/2011 - Graphics and charts showing exactly what #OWL and #occupyLSX are complaining about. Don't buy the lie that they don't know.
- 21/10/2011 - Economist mourns the passing of Richie, who invented the unix era. Are we now entering Unix's Anno Domini?