- I added some eyes to my lights-controller
- and then later I made it compose Artificial Intelligence Subgenius rants
- I ranted about being a casualty in the war with the robots
- I went to see a Doctor Who Interactive Theatre show
It subsequently flooded and all future performances were cancelled. Sorry. It was great though.
- I pondered about how an upcoming Ethereum fork might show how centralized “decentralized finance” really is
- I found a cartoon about Facebook apposite
- My bank decided to censor my payments, so I closed my bank account.
- I was pleased the Mash Report has a new home
- I was horrified at yet another journalist being locked into a British jail for telling the truth
- I released a new cartoon!
This month’s new cartoon is “Spaceman”, in which The Observers are surprised that a man tries to escape the doomed Earth:
Watch it here: https://starshipsd.com/observers/spaceman/
As usual, there’s a flat-screen version and a 3d Virtual Reality version.
I finished reading A Universe From Nothing by Lawrence Krauss.
The trouble with nothing, basically, is that it’s unstable. As soon as it changes in any way at all, you have something.
A good review of some science stuff, physics and cosmology and the state of the knowledge about how come we have a universe and what on earth it’s doing.
Was pretty nice. It felt familiar like I’d read it before though.
Watched On Becoming A God In Central Florida which is about a housewife embroiled in a pyramid sales cult.
Having been in a joke-cult, lots of things seemed quite familiar with this joke cult. Ours was funnier though.
- Hyper-Reality Is a short film about a day in the life of someone with augmented reality
- Steam have a new handheld game machine It’s a Linux machine, in a handheld game format. Nice.
- Stephen Wolfram on Mindscape Sean Carroll is my favourite podcaster lately, and Wolfram makes a good guest.
- Cory Doctorow on how Facebook is gaslighting you I love Cory. He’s amazing. Feels like he writes more than I can read.
- Snowdon on private hack-for-hire It’s legal for you to buy a program to hack someone’s phone. Should it be?
- The Ian Duncan Smiths sing Jeff Bezos singing Space Oddity by Bowie The IDS’s have been storming it for ages. Check out everything they have done.
- She Drew The Gun – Class War Great video, great song, great message. SDTG are doing really well.
- Scott Aaronson on “Blankfaces” They’re like the non-player-characters who just obstruct.
Mostly youtube this month eh?