- I was pleased there was a new campaign released for VR game Pistol Whip
- I also cycled to the absolute range-limit of my e-bike for a picnic
- I had lunch with my parents in Ruby and finally collected Xmas presents
including a lovely new plasma-ball added to my lighting corner
- My band broke up 🙁 – I made a farewell video
- I bought a new big battery speaker system that would allow me to busk
- But first run through a solo-set was terrible and I hated it
Also did some more camping with friends, but failed to note that I did so at the time.
Read The Science Of Storytelling by Will Storr in which he attempts to explain elements of story telling using results and experiments from psychology and the social sciences. An interesting approach to a story-writing guide, and many interesting experiments described. He explains how character should be written with the kinds of fatal flaws seen in real people, and built by the kind of trauma and mistaken theory of control that psychologists discover in their experiments.
The new season of Ghosts on the Beeb was great, sweet stories about that host of dead characters. All the ghosts are such loving caricatures portrayed well and there’s light hearted laughs along the way. Also did some more camping with friends, but failed to note that I did so at the time.
Also finished watching All Of Us on Amazon, that fifth season is set during the pandemic, so they could shoot with all the actors wearing masks and being socially distanced. Nicely done. Still a great show though it seems to have less direction and so it less perfect of an intricately woven plot knot since Season 2. More obviously made up as they go along. Still keeps making me cry.
- Ian Dunt’s article on Conservatives turning Climate Change into a Culture War
- Cory Doctorow on Canada’s internet-censorship laws and Internet Tzar
- Video: A great Starwars Ep4 recap cartoon
- Great article in Byline Times about Cumming’s and Brexit lies
- Video: Juice Media’s Honest Government Ad on Carbon Capture And Storage
- Snowden on iPhones becoming SpyPhones
- Richard Murphy on the Multiplier effect in government spending
- Scott Alexander on how much school can be missed without much harm (lots)
- Video: Captain Disillusion dissects that Time Control video that went viral