Andi came over on Tuesday and helped a lot with this song I’ve been writing while the band is on holiday. His advice was more like “Fuck that rhythm guitar, put these metal power-chords in and put the tempo up thirty percent”
So that was both the kinda thing I’d been thinking of, and done better because he was here to actually strum the guitar.
We re-recorded the vox-pops too, and did a better (though still awful) guitar-solo.
I’m pretty sure this one actually is an improvement over the last version, opposed the the last time when I couldn’t even tell.
Re-wrote many of the lyrics to make more rhymes and make the story more clear, I hope. Also hope the vocals are more audible now too, and that you can actually hear them. Andi seemed to think he couldn’t understand a word of ’em before. I cut middle-section of the rhythm guitar and drums and bass to try and make room.
Andi is right that the words need to be clear in a story-song. If you can’t hear the words, it’s not mixed right.
Things you can help with please:
1) Guitar Solo: God the current one is awful. Really really bad.
2) Chorus Backup: My Martian-Muse’s backing vocals are just my vocals processed. It’d be better if it was an actual girl doing actual harmonys processed instead.
3) Guitar power-chords in the whole thing? Who can play guitar?
4) Vox-Pops: Generally doing 2 second racist rants against Martians into a microphone.
5) Remixing that entire middle-part’s drums and bass entirely. God it’s awful still.
1) C Am Em G When blue fire static reached out, I was damn surprised It's touch was hot but it was not electric. More like social, it was conscious, that strange static was alive. Exotic, Bizarre, a new aesthetic. F G C Am My Martian Muse's inspiring and complex mind, F G C G marvelled at the Earth's mere everyday mundane, F G C Am She was quick to love this world, and I soon loved her back in kind F G C G Our minds still empathised despite acutely different brains. "She told me I was in The Universal Ardour" Ch) C G Am F I have passion for another mind, so can't but feel it's flame, C G Am F The ardour's inescapable in our empathic brains, C G Am F That love extends transitively through the whole social chain C G Am F G Its the "The Universal Ardour" by its Martian given name. "That includes all the love in the universe" 2) When I hurt myself my pain reflects in her face, In turn through her I feel her kindred's helplessness Earth's dinosaurs pushed Mars' orbit way out into space Then finished off themselves with poignant carelessness That asteroid left Martian atmosphere thin They crouch in freezing caves so very distant from our sun I feel their pain as mine, through her they are my very kin, The Universal Ardour cries out "Something must be done". "And it's all Earth's dinosaur's fault!" Ch) I have passion for another mind, so can't but feel it's flame, The ardour's inescapable in our empathic brains, That love extends transitively through the whole social chain Its the "The Universal Ardour" by its Martian given name. 3a) We sympathise with Martians, know we should be at their aid But politicians find no common ground, They cut the Ardour's chord instead, they block and barricade, Roar "Blue scum Martians, always on the scrounge", (BREAK) 3b) They may have blue-fire bodies, and exotic brains, But Martians still feel love, inside they're really just the same, They've minds that suffer and they're dying horribly in pain, But our corporate media just keep asking "what is it we gain?" "So I joined the revolution, what else can you do?" Ch) I have passion for another mind, so can't but feel it's flame, The ardour's inescapable in our empathic brains, That love extends transitively through the whole social chain Its the "The Universal Ardour" by its Martian given name. 4) Don't Call me evil traitor, I don't want no amnesty, To stop such evil dogma, I took arms against the state, Not just for my love, nor for her entire family, but for us human beings, to end un-sympathetic hate. My one regret's that I was caught and will be tried My muse and those she loves still hurt at the hand of mankind While here on earth new dinosaurs roar at the Martian sky Not seeing that our doom and theirs are highly intertwined